The game is shaping up to be the best EA Sports NHL game yet. With many new features, I plan to lock myself up for a few days to figure everything out and decide for myself. Whenever a new game comes out, particularly a new EA Sports NHL game, I play obsessively for awhile until I get comfortable with it.
EA Sports — for the past few hours — has posted a live stream (USTREAM) to the game’s content, launch party, new features, and some live play action. I have really enjoyed watching it, as I am sure many of you have as well.
Recent News Regarding NHL 2012: The new game will now allow players the ability to create female avatars. With a growing female fan base for the sport hockey as well as the video, EA Sports has responded to the request of one female fan to include this functionality in the new game. Because of Title IX and a growing global interest in hockey, many females around the world have begun to participate in ice hockey. Not wanting to neglect its many female fans, EA Sports decided to up the ante and allow for the creation of female avatars.
Here are some of the many reasons I’m excited about the EA Sports’ release of NHL 2012:
- Winter Classic game feature — I am excited to play outdoors, and I’m so glad EA Sports decided to include this important part of the NHL tradition.
- Dynamic goalies
- More realistic puck physics
- Integration of 2011/2012 current NHL statistics
- Increased ease of use for online play
- All interactive, dynamic elements improved
- Players have the ability to create teams, collect legend cards, and catalog injuries
Let’s get our game on! Looking forward to setting in to a long week of exciting games!