Tonight, a rebound is in order; I am expecting a great performance out of my favorite NHL team. Game 2 of the Tampa Bay Lightning/Boston Bruins series is tonight at 6:30 pm ET, and I couldn’t be more excited. I am disappointed by the series opener, and I do recognize that the Bruins made mistakes in the game. Even though Tampa started the series with a 5-2 victory over my beloved Bruins (who rule the world, by the way), Bruins fans everywhere are looking to their team to even the series score tonight at TD Garden.
Digging out of this one game deficit requires:
- Focus, determination, and a commitment to skating together as a team
- Fan support — The Bruins have this in excess, particularly with the home ice advantage.
- A healthy team — Unfortunately, though Patrice Bergeron has skated in practice the past three days, the Bruins have not confirmed if he will play in tonight’s game. I think it is unlikely.
- Great 1st period — The Bruins must start Game 2 with unprecedented enthusiasm in order to annihilate the competition, which is highly likely as they look to bounce back from Saturday’s loss.
- A strong finish — Sloppy skating in the third period will not be an option for the Bruins. They must deliver an excellent performance and skate hard to the finish.
As usual, I am preparing for tonight’s game by playing NHL 11 with other gamers through Online Dougie. I am curious to see what other EA Sports NHL 2011 enthusiasts think about the Bruins/Lightning game tonight. How do you expect this match-up to shake out? I am hoping for three flawless performances in succession by the Boston Bruins. No other outcome is acceptable. I love the Bruins, and I detest every other team in the NHL.
I love competition, I love the Boston Bruins, I love professional hockey, and I love EA Sports for melding all of the above in NHL 11. Connecting with other sports enthusiasts is what EA Sports is committed to doing through the NHL series of games. It makes this series so exciting to me — it is heightened because I am connected with others for whom the series holds great meaning.