Basic Storyline Overview
I love the Patch 4.2 storyline. Here is a basic overview: Immediately after the Cataclysm, the Firelord Ragnaros attempted to destroy the world further by trying to obliterate the damaged Kalimdor. The invasion was turned away at Mount Hyjal, but they still pose a threat that must be ended. In patch 4.2, the conflict must be pushed back from Mount Hyjal into the eternal flames of the Firelands. The patch allows players to the opportunity to do battle with Ragnaros by invading him on his home turf, in the elemental plane of Fire.
Some featured highlights contained in the patch include:
- New Firelands raid opportunity
- New legendary staff, Dragonwrath
- New quest hubs
- New Tier 12 armor sets with cool raid gear
- A whole host of new items in Firelands Raid, Mount Hyjal Dailies, Rated Battlegrounds and Arenas, as well as other miscellaneous items that can be gained as rewards. Check out worldofwarcraft.com for full descriptions.
What do you think about the new patch content? I am loving it, and reminded once again that it is fabulous AND free. It gives me another reason to play the game, as I was growing somewhat bored prior to the patch. Although some people have claimed the download speed of the patch is unbearably slow, I did not have much of a problem. Download speed, I suspect, was impacted by the number of people downloading from their server.
Other Changes in Patch 4.2:
- Backwing Descent: Atramedes’s Sonar Pulses now travel in the direction of raid members when created underneath him.
- Firelands: Blood from Fire Scorpions now only injures other Fire Scorpions (including Giant Fire Scorpions).
- Elemental Bonds Quest Chain: Agra’s bubble is more easily located because of a larger appearance and sparkle effect.
- Other: Players cannot use Alliance and Horde Guild Battle Standards in the Firelands raid.
- Other: The Severed Visionary Tentacle isn’t infinitely applied to characters.
Let us know what you think of the new content. Comment on Online Dougie’s blog! I’d love to see how everyone else is doing with the new patch.